100g butter or marg
50g caster sugar
50g plain flour
125g porridge oats
a pinch of salt and baking soda
Entered by Anna May on 10/12/2013
An easy biscuit which has become a staple at village events. Easily adapted for dairy and gluten free diets by using gluten free oats and flour and margarine. Inexpensive and easy to make, also relatively healthy!.
- Prepare 2 baking sheets by greasing lightly
- Set oven to 180 C or Gas 4
- Using a mixer if you wish, cream butter or margarine.
- Add all dry ingredients slowly.
- Turn onto a surface sprinkled with oats, and roll out to 0.5 cm thick.
- Cut with plain circular biscuit cutters: they do not spread much while cooking, and can be any size you like for canapés or lunch boxes!
- Place on baking sheets, prick with a fork, and cook for 15 to 20 mins until golden in colour.
- Dip cooled biscuits into melted chocolate and leave on parchment to dry
- If freezing, just decorate straight from the freezer and they will be ready to eat in a few minutes