You can make the biscotti a couple of days before you want to serve it and store it in an airtight container.
Makes: 16 biscuits
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Difficulty: Level 1
- Attach the knife blade to the food processor. If using a Chef, Major or kMix, attach the K-beater.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon and orange zests and process until the ingredients are combined.
- With the machine running add the eggs and the nuts then make into a dough.
- Roll it on a floured surface into a sausage shape.
- Place the sausage on to a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven set at 170°C / Fan 150°C / Gas 3 for 20 minutes.
- Slice into rounds and return to the oven until crisp.
Chocolate and Orange: Omit the pistachio nuts and add 50g cocoa powder and 100g chopped chocolate pieces.
Lime and Chive: Omit the pistachio nuts, orange and lemon zest and replace with the zest of 3 limes and 2 tsp of snipped chives.
Lemon and Ginger: Omit the pistachio nuts, orange zest and add 1 tsp of ground ginger.