1 onion, peeled & roughly chopped
1 green pepper, cored & roughly chopped
1 fresh jalapeno chilli, stem removed, roughly chopped
6 cloves garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
600g baby potatoes, halved
2 tbsp fish sauce
3 carrots, roughly chopped
2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
2 bunches fresh coriander, leaves picked from one bunch, stalks reserved
1kg mixed seafood (prawns, mussels, scallops, squid, haddock, salmon etc)
- Fit your triblade system pro with the mini chopper attachment. Add the onion, pepper, chilli & garlic to the mini chopper bowl & pulse until finely chopped.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the chopped vegetables & sauté for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Add the spices & cook for two minutes. Scrape the contents of the pan into the jug of your triblade system pro, with 500ml cold water & 1 whole bunch of coriander & the stalks from the other bunch (keep the picked leaves for the top). Change the attachment on your triblade system pro to the triblade blending wand & blend until smooth.
- Change the attachment back to the mini chopper.
- Add the carrots to the bowl of the mini chopper attachment, & pulse until they are finely chopped.
- Into the same large pan as before, pour 1l water, add the stock cubes, fish sauce, & potatoes, & bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, then add the carrots. Boil for 5 more minutes, until both are just tender.
- Add the seafood to the pan & simmer until just cooked, 3-5 minutes. Pour in the coriander broth & bring the heat up to a simmer. Squeeze in the juice of 2 limes & serve, garnishing each bowl with a handful of coriander leaves & a lime half.