A traditonal French dessert, Floating Islands is a mix of fluffy poached meringue and a delicate vanilla custard. Once mastered, you will create this time and time again.
- 120g (about 4) egg whites
- 50g icing sugar
- 500ml water
- 160g (about 8) egg yolks
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 300g milk
- 250g single cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g caramel
- Ensure the CookEasy+ bowl is clean and dry. Place the egg whites into the bowl. Close the cover but leave the cap off. Whisk for 5 minutes on speed 8. When the egg whites begin to foam, gradually add the icing sugar to the bowl through the opening in the lid.
- Use a tablespoon to gently place the egg whites into the steamer. Leave a little space between each spoon of egg whites.
- Clean the CookEasy+ bowl. Attach the bowl to the main unit without the accessories, and add water to the bowl.
- Close the cover, leaving the cap off. Place the steamer on the cover and select the "Steam Cooking" program and press the control button. Adjust the cooking time to 6 minutes. Once cooked, remove the steamer attachment and set aside. Empty the bowl.
- Place the egg yolks and icing sugar into the main bowl and mix. Set the mixture aside.
- Next, add the milk, whipping cream and vanilla extract to the bowl. Close the lid without the cap. Bake for 14 minutes at 75°C on speed 4.
- After 4 minutes, gradually add the egg yolk and sugar mixture through the opening of the lid. Bake for the remaining 8 minutes at 80°C at speed 3. Set aside the mixture.
- Fill your bowls or Martini glasses to two thirds with the crème anglaise. Add the egg whites and garnish with caramel. Serve immediately and enjoy.