Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- Cut the fish into long finger shapes about 2cm wide. Season lightly and place on kitchen paper to absorb any excess moisture.
- Put the bread into the blender with the parsley and pulse until combined (not too long!), tip onto a plate.
- Put the flour onto another plate and beat the egg in a shallow dish.
- Dip the pieces of fish first in flour to lightly dust then dip into the egg and drain off any excess before tossing in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat about a centimetre of oil in a large frying pan, and when hot shallow fry the fish fingers for about 3 minutes on both sides until crisp and golden. You may have to do this in two batches.
- Lift out and drain on kitchen paper before serving.
Tip: For a zingy taste, mix a couple of table spoons of mayonnaise with lemon juice and serve with the freshly cooked fish fingers.