Oaty Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
Packed full of delicious oats and wholemeal flour for a healthy breakfast staple
For the sauce
225g fresh blueberries
2 tbsp light brown sugar
5 tbsp water
1 tsp cornflour
For the pancakes
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
25g melted butter
100g wholemeal flour
50g porridge oats
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
To make the blueberry sauce
- Put the blueberries in a sieve and wash them. Put the sugar and 4 tablespoons of the water into a pan and slowly bring to the boil. Add 150g of the blueberries and simmer for 2 minutes or until the blueberries release some of their juice. Add the cornflour and 1 tbsp of water to the pan and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Transfer the sauce to the blender and mix on a medium speed until smooth. Add back to the pan and stir in the remaining blueberries, re-heat when needed.
To make the pancakes
- Put all of the ingredients into the blender in the order they appear within the list and blend on a medium speed until you have a batter.
- Heat a heavy based smooth frying pan or griddle pan and lightly brush with oil. Drop 2 or 3 tablespoons of the batter into the pan, leaving space in between as the pancakes spread a little. Cook over a medium high heat for about 2 minutes, bubbles will come to the surface. Turn the pancakes over and cook a further 1½ minutes until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, brushing the pan each time with oil.
- Serve topped with the warm blueberry sauce.