Kenwood Global Headquarters, Havant, Hampshire | £Competitive + excellent benefits package
Are you a big-picture channel leader?
Sales can be a territorial profession. So it takes a special kind of channel sales expert to see their team’s success as part of the whole: big-picture thinkers who make decisions that are right for the wider business while ensuring their channel thrives. It’s this kind of person we’re looking for.
Due to an internal promotion, De’Longhi Group is now seeking a Head of Channel to manage our UK channel across three core brands, meaning that if you’re successful, you’ll be responsible for a sizeable percentage of the UK De’Longhi Group revenue.
Responsible for the development and performance of the De’Longhi Group brands within all retailers in a specified channel, you’ll manage a team of National Account Managers and Key Account Executives, ensuring they deliver KPIs for your channel’s net sales contribution, market-share, margin and other critical company objectives.
Crucially, you will coach and develop your team, providing the right mix of challenge, motivation and support as well as robust expertise and experience that will help get the best out of an already-successful unit.
This is a critical role within our UK Commercial Sales division where you’ll work with the Commercial Director to help shape and implement long term strategy and tactics.
Your key responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Leading and defining channel strategy and direction for all brands
- Contributing to the overall 3-year commercial strategy
- Channel profitability – setting & monitoring improvement planning of channel and customer P&L
- Account and business planning management
- Line management in the commercial channel
- Delivery of the channel budgeted sales and profitability
- Category management approach across three brands
- Customer and channel forecast management
- Maintaining strong relationships with senior stakeholders
- Controlling promotional budget spend
- Relationship development across the UK subsidiary (you’ll be a strong team player)
- Alignment to De’Longhi, Kenwood and Braun from a strategic planning and projects perspective.
As the person responsible for motivating and engaging a team of national account managers your behaviours, skills and expertise will be critical. You’ll be an outstanding and collaborative sales leader and coach who combines experience of multi-brand electrical/FMCG markets with excellent influencing, stakeholder management and presentation skills.
You’ll need strong analytical/data management and problem-solving ability, along with experience of forecasting tools, SAP, Excel and PPT.
You’ll be able to shape a channel strategy that complements our other channels and delivers KPIs, so broad knowledge of UK retail and wholesale small domestic appliance markets, working practices, technologies and trends is essential.
This role might suit a successful senior national account manager with strong commercial experience and a lot of potential, or a channel head looking to grow their experience within a larger premium brand. It might also suit sales directors from smaller businesses who are looking to make the move to a bigger channel.
Typically you’ll spend three days per week in the office so you’ll need to live within commutable distance of our Havant HQ. You’ll need a driving licence as you’ll make frequent (sometimes short-notice) trips within the UK. The role involves some European travel.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll receive an excellent benefits package and will have wide exposure across all commercial elements of the group, with the freedom to make your mark and develop a team. Our culture and office environment is outstanding, with the kind of investment into learning and development that will allow you to excel in your role. Our benefits include:
- Competitive SalaryExcellent contributory pension
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Superb subsidised restaurant
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible benefits package
- Access to a range of wellbeing activities and events
De’Longhi Group is home to the De'Longhi, Kenwood and Braun Household brands – all pioneering kitchen and home appliance brands that are internationally recognised and respected. The De'Longhi Group, headquartered in Treviso, Italy, has international operations in more than 30 countries.
You’ll work from Kenwood’s global HQ on the beautiful South Coast between Portsmouth and Chichester, where our products are conceived and tested, and where our UK De’Longhi division is based.
Back to Careers Page