Job Title: Senior Electronics Engineer
Reports to: Electronics Manager
Purpose: Working as part of a multidiscipline team, lead the design and development of electronics for assigned projects within the Delonghi group range. The role involves internal development and management of external development partners to deliver projects from concept through to production.
- Design requirements specification and validation
- Design and development of electronics for domestic appliances at a system and PCBA level
- Developing in partnership with European and China suppliers as well as in house design
- Concept development of new features and solutions
- Schematic design of MCU based circuits with digital and analogue electronics
- Component selection to meet functional and compliance requirements
- Design validation testing at PCBA and system level
- Technical problem solving
- Ensure design meets safety requirements for regulatory approval
- Designing for EMC compliance and EMC performance improvement
- Working in a multi discipline team to deliver electro-mechanical products.
- Documentation and software configuration management and EC release
- Specification and execution of test requirements through product development
Qualifications & Experience:
- Applicable Degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in an applicable engineering product development role
- Ability to lead electronics within a project and manage supplier development
- Team player able to communicate effectively across disciplines
- Competent in use of design software (Altium preferred) for schematic capture
- Knowledge of embedded C programming and SW version control
- Analogue and digital design
- Safety and EMC compliance requirements for electronic products
- Testing, debugging and reporting to meet design requirements
- Electro-mechanical integration and DFM
- Knowledge of PCBA manufacturing process’s
- Good communication and team working
- Ability to travel within Europe and Asia
Competence in the following areas would be highly desirable.
- Experience of graphical user interfaces
- Drive of mains powered electric motors (Universal, BLDC etc)
- Knowledge of software management tools such as GIT, Python and Jenkins.
- International experience managing Chinese component and PCBA suppliers
- Development of consumer products
- Working within a stage gate product life cycle process
De’Longhi Group is home to the De'Longhi, Kenwood and Braun Household brands – all pioneering kitchen and home appliance brands that are internationally recognised and respected. The De'Longhi Group, headquartered in Treviso, Italy, has international operations in more than 30 countries.
You’ll work from Kenwood’s global HQ on the beautiful South Coast between Portsmouth and Chichester, where our products are conceived and tested, and where our UK De’Longhi division is based.