Your exciting new journey starts now!
De'Longhi, Braun Household and Kenwood are pioneering kitchen and home appliance brands that are internationally recognised and respected, we are part of the De'Longhi Group, which is based in Treviso, near Venice in Italy. With international operations in more than 30 countries, we owe our enviable reputation and market-leading position to the quality of our products and the commitment of our employees.
We have a team of brilliant and committed people who are passionate about driving our brands' success and are happy with nothing but perfection. Highly approachable and friendly, they always take the time to help, teach and pass on their experience. This creates wonderful opportunities for all of our employees to learn and grow, and gives all of us based here in Havant a special sense of team spirit. We offer an excellent range of benefits and a great working environment.
Competitive salary - Please state current salary and salary expectations when applying
The current vacancy we are looking to fill is:
Job Title: Food Technologist
(Product Development & Performance Usage Researcher)
Reports to: Senior Home Economist
Direct Reports: None
Purpose: To evaluate and test Kenwood core new and existing small kitchen/food preparation appliances, in a test kitchen environment.
- To provide the necessary technical expertise to carry out performance testing of development products from prototype to production level and to verify their performance in accordance with relevant test methods.
- To compare and evaluate competitors’ products for project benchmarking
- Focus will be on managing performance testing and instruction manuals for MPP (mid price point) and HPP (high price point) appliance projects
- To create and review core Kenwood instruction manuals
- Proactive with regards obtaining and reviewing trigger and Product Design Specification documents with regards performance testing and benchmarking requirements
- Act as an advisor within project team – advising on timescales and type of performance testing that needs to be carried out
- Attend relevant project CP (check point) stage meetings for the Home Economics team and report back to the Senior & Principal Home Economists
- Responsible to ensure allocated project work and instruction books are actioned and completed at the correct time
- Carry out kitchen performance tests on Kenwood core kitchen appliances against relevant test methods and protocols
- Carry out benchmarking/comparative testing against key competitors
- Write concise technical kitchen test reports for all performance testing carried out
- Create instruction manual for new products and liaise with an outside agency to typeset and action translations. Review and update instruction as and when necessary
- Create and update performance test method when required
- To work within and support the other departments within the NPD team, including the Quality, R&D and Marketing teams
- To provide expertise to Customer Care, Sales teams (both UK and globally), on any performance enquires/questions they may have regarding using Kenwood products, and if required arrange the necessary testing
- To assist other departments with technical information regarding products tested
- Demonstrate performance of products internally where requested
- To purchase food items for carrying out performance testing
- To maintain “good housekeeping” practices in the Test Kitchen
- Comply with the Roles and Responsibilities as is defined in Section 2.3 of the Health and Safety Manual
Key Interface – Internal/External
- Quality Team
- Product Managers/Assistants
- Project Managers
- Quality Experience Team
- Instruction Manual Artwork and translation Agency.
Health and Safety Training Requirements:
- Food Hygiene Level 2
- Calibration (awareness of procedure)
- New product development process
Qualifications & Experience:
- Home Economics or Food Technology Qualification – Degree level or equivalent food based qualification experience working in a test or development kitchen environment
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
- Good communication skill both written and oral
- Good Maths and English skills
- Good interactive team player
- Analytical approach to work
- Confident and decisive when feeding information and test results back to project teams
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Power point
- Baking of food and nutrition expertise
- Experience of Consumer Research/Competitive comparison of products.
- Experience of using laboratory equipment for measuring and grading food results.
- Familiar and working knowledge of ICRT/IC European Test Programs and British Standard BS EN 60619 or IEC 619.
- Experience of working in project teams
- Good organisational skills – able to control, manage and prioritise own workload
- Good time management
- Pro-active problem solver
- Adaptable and the ability to multi task
Back to Careers Page