- Kitchen Machines: Stand mixers, or hand blenders
- Accessories and Attachments: Spiral dough tool
|Serves: 4 people||Recipe course: Breads||Total time (min.): 160||Complexity (1 to 3): 1|
Water 100 grams at room temperature
Dried yeast 7 grams
Plain flour 250 grams
Unsalted butter 70 grams
Milk 250 ml
Caster sugar 20 grams
Wholemeal strong flour 250 grams
Salt 1+1/2 tsp.
Prep. (Before you begin)
Cut the butter into cubes and leave at room temperature to soften.
Fit the Spiral dough tool to the machine.
1. Add Ingredients (water, yeast, flour, butter, milk, sugar, strong flour, salt) into the Mixer bowl.
2. Attach the Mixer bowl to the machine and fit the splash guard.
3. Mix on speed 1 for 2 minutes.
4. Mix on speed 2 for 8 minutes.
5. Check the dough is flexible and homogenous.
6. Cover with a tea towel.
7. Leave to prove for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
8. Carefully transfer the contents of the Mixer bowl to a lightly floured worksurface.
9. Gently pull the edges into the centre.
10. Roll the dough over and make into a loaf shape.
11. Place the dough into the loaf tin, making sure the seal is placed on the top.
12. Cover with a tea towel.
13. Leave to prove for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
14. Pre heat the oven to 220ºC.
15. Remove the tea towel and spray the dough with salted water.
16. Bake for 25 minutes at 220ºC or until the loaf sounds hollow when the bottom is tapped.
More recipes | Bread Recipes