Homemade Pancake Stack
|Serves: 8 people||Recipe course:
Pancakes||Total time (min.): N/A||Complexity (1 to 3): 1|
Perfect for breakfast and dessert!
- 325g plain flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 150ml buttermilk
- 225ml whole milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Blueberries, to serve
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Begin by sifting the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into the bowl of your Kenwood Chef Titanium XL, fitted with the K-beater. Switch on the machine to minimum speed to briefly combine the dry ingredients for 10 seconds.In a large measuring jug, briefly beat the eggs, then add the buttermilk, milk and melted butter and mix to combine. Switch on the machine to speed 1 and gradually pour half the liquid from the jug into the dry ingredients in the bowl. Increase the speed to 2, then continue to slowly add the wet ingredients. Once all of the ingredients have been mixed, increase the speed of the machine to 3 and beat the batter for another 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from the machine and set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan over a low medium heat. You shouldn’t need to grease the pan, as the recipe already contains the melted butter.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of batter into the pan, swirling into a pancake shape and cook for 2 minutes, or until you begin to see bubbles forming on the upper surface. Flip the pancakes and cook for a further minute. Remove to a plate to keep warm as you cook the remaining pancakes. Enjoy warm, with the blueberries and maple syrup.