Banana and Toffee Layer
|Serves: Up to 6 people || Recipe course: Dessert ||Total time (min.): 20 |
No monkey business here! This seriously indulgent dessert unites the perfect combination of sweet bananas and toffee.
- 3 x 150g (5 x 150g) pots toffee flavoured yoghurt
- 15ml/1 tbsp (20ml/1½ tbsp) golden syrup
- 225g/8oz (325g/12oz) bananas
- 40g/1½oz (65g/2½oz) icing sugar
- Juice of ½ (1) lemon
- 180ml/6fl oz (230ml/8fl oz) whipping cream
For the Toffee Sauce
- 50g/2oz (75g/3oz) butter
- 10ml/2 tsp (15ml/ 1 tbsp) golden syrup
- 50g/2oz (75g/3oz) light brown sugar
60ml/2fl oz (90ml/3fl oz) whipping cream, optional
Note: There are two sets of quantities for the ingredients, depending upon which Kenwood Dessert Maker you are using. Use the first set for smaller 1 litre Dessert Maker capacities, and the second set, in brackets, for larger 1½ litre Dessert Maker capacities
- Line the base of a 1 litre/1¾ pint (1.3 litre/2¼ pint) loaf tin with non-stick silicone paper. Mix the yoghurt and golden syrup together. Fit the frozen bowl into the dessert maker and switch on. Pour in the yoghurt and churn until it resembles freshly whipped cream. Transfer to the prepared tin and freeze for 1 hour.
- Mash the bananas with the icing sugar and lemon juice. Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Fold the banana purée into the cream and spread over the top of the toffee yoghurt. Freeze until required.
- Just before serving, make the toffee sauce. Place the butter, syrup and sugar in a small saucepan and heat gently, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil then leave for a few minutes to cool slightly. Dip the loaf tin in hot water for a few seconds then invert on to a plate. Serve the banana and toffee layer sliced, drizzled with warm toffee sauce.