White Chocolate Mousse
|Serves: 4 people || Recipe course: Dessert ||Total time (min.): 20 plus chilling|
A light, creamy and rich white chocolate delight.
- 175g (6oz) white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 90ml (3fl oz) milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1.25ml (1/4 tsp) lemon juice
- 225ml (8fl oz) double cream
- grated plain chocolate, to decorate
- Place the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and stir until melted. Stir in the milk and set aside.
- Fit the Whisk and place the egg whites and lemon juice in the Kenwood Bowl. Whisk until the egg whites become stiff, then very gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Whip the double cream, using the Whisk, until it starts to form soft peaks. Gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Divide the mousse between four stemmed serving glasses and chill for at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with grated chocolate and serve.