|Serves: 8 - 10|| Course: Dessert||Category: Cakes||Kitchen machine: Mixer|| Total time (min.): 50 plus cooling and chilling|
This simple and popular dessert is made with a soft, fresh cheese on a base made from crushed biscuits and butter. Cheesecake tastes great served with a selection of fresh berries.
- Digestive biscuits 225g
- Butter 75g
- Curd cheese 450g
- Cornflour 15ml (1 tbsp)
- Vanilla essence 5ml (1 tsp)
- Eggs 3
- Caster sugar 150g
- Double cream or Greek yogurt 225ml
- Fresh soft fruits 450g
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Oil a 23cm spring-form cake tin and line the base with greaseproof paper. Place the biscuits in the Kenwood Bowl and use the K Beater on speed 2 to crush the biscuits into crumbs.
- Melt the butter and pour onto the crushed biscuits and mix together using the K Beater. Transfer to the prepared tin and press down over the base to form an even layer.
- In the cleaned Kenwood Bowl, using the K Beater, mix together the curd cheese, cornflour, vanilla essence, eggs and sugar. Add the double cream or yogurt and mix until smooth. Pour into the tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Switch off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside to cool very slowly. Chill until required, then place on a serving plate and top with a mound of fresh fruits.