- 50g cake trimmings
- 50g butter or margarine
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 5g ground almonds
- A drop of almond essence
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Paper sweet cases
|Recipe course: Dessert||Total time (min.): 30|
1. Crumble the cake trimmings with your fingers.
2. Place butter and sugar in the mixer bowl and mixwith the creaming beater until soft and fluffy.
3. Sieve together icing sugar and cocoa and add to the mixer bowl. Add the ground almonds and almond essence. Mix together.
4. Beat the cake crumbs into the cocoa mixture using a wooden spoon. It should be very stiff.
5. Take a small spoonful of the mixture and roll into a ball with the palm of your hand.
6. Roll each truffle in chocolate sprinkles until well coated. Then put in the paper sweet cases.