Strawberry Milkshake recipe
|Serves: 2 - 4||Recipe course:
Drinks & Smoothies||Total time (min.): 120||Complexity (1 to 3): 1|
Everybody loves a strawberry milkshake but the pre-packaged versions can be full of additives and often come in single use packaging. This recipe is deliciously guilt free and perfect if you have a bumper crop of strawberries in the garden.
- 250g, 8oz Strawberries
- 1 tbsp caster sugar or sweetener (optional).
- 300ml, 1/2 pint cold milk from the fridge
- (If desired) A handful of raspberries
- Remove the leaves from the strawberries. Put the strawberries in the freezer until they’re either completely frozen, or very nearly frozen (about 2 hours).
- Put the frozen strawberries in the blender, add the caster sugar and top up with the cold milk; it should come almost to the top of the strawberries (but not more than two-thirds of the way up the blender).
- Blend on max until thick and creamy, pour into tall glasses.
You can use various frozen fruits to make these delicious ice-cold milkshakes. Bananas are always good and can be mixed with strawberries to sweeten the shake without sugar.
All recipes | Drink & smoothie recipes