Top these light and fluffy pancakes with fruit and syrup, chocolate spread, ice cream, or classic lemon and sugar.
- Food processors or Stand mixers, or hand blenders
- Balloon whisk/ splash guard or blender
- Attachments: Not applicable
Plain flour - 100g/4oz
Pinch of salt
Egg - 1
Milk - 300ml/ half a pint
Vegetable oil - 1tbsp
- Place the flour and salt into the mixer bowl with splash guard. Add the egg and a quarter of the milk. Using the whisk on speed 1, mix until smooth. Gradually whisk in the remaining milk to make a smooth batter.
- Pour into a jug and leave to stand for 3 minutes.
- Heat the minimum of oil in an omelette pan (6 inch), pour in just enough batter to cover the base of the pan.
- Cook over a moderately high heat for about a minute, then toss or turn to cook the other side for another 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter to make 8 pancakes, stacking with grease proof sheet in-between.
- Serve sprinkled with lemon and sugar or jam.