|Serves: 4-8 people || Recipe course: Dessert ||Total time (min.): 20 plus chilling |
This classic Italian dessert is one of the simplest to execute, just place the ingredients into the bowl and boil. The flavour of vanilla and cream give this dessert a richness that is balanced by the addition of the rum.
To serve 8 / To serve 4
- 2/1 vanilla pods
- 150g/ 75g sugar
- 1 litre/ 500ml double cream
- 15ml (1 tbsp) /7.5ml (½ tbsp) vanilla extracts
- 4/ 2 gelatine leaves
- 45ml (3 tbsp)/ 22.5ml (1½ tbsp) rum
- Bloom the gelatine in a bowl of water. Cut the vanilla pods in half and scrape out the seeds.
- Attach the Flexi Beater. Add the vanilla pods, seeds, sugar and cream to the bowl. Turn the temperature to maximum and the speed to stirring 1. After 8 minutes, the cream should start to boil. Turn the temperature off. Squeeze the gelatine to remove the excess water, and add to the bowl. Then add the vanilla extracts and rum.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve.
- Spoon into individual moulds and leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or even overnight if time allows.