Lamb Pasanda Slow Cooker Recipe
|Serves: Up to 4||Recipe course:
Mains, Curries||Total time (min.): 60||Complexity (1 to 3): 1|
Pasanda means that the dish is to everyone's liking; even children, those new to curries and experienced curry connoisseurs. This creamy lamb dish can be popped into a slow cooker for a tender, delicious dinner when you get home from work. Heavenly!
Can be made with these products
Browse all kitchen machines
- 450-500g lamb leg meat - cut into strips
- 20ml olive oil
- 25g butter
- 2 onions - finely chopped
- 20g ground almonds
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 red chillies - deseeded and chopped
- 2 green chillies - deseeded and chopped
- 200ml lamb stock
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
For the marinade:
- 150ml plain yoghurt
- 3 cloves garlic - crushed
- 5cm piece root ginger - approximately 25g when peeled
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 20g fresh coriander
- 20g toasted sliced almonds
- Mix together the components of the marinade in a bowl and add the lamb. Coat well and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In a large frying pan heat the oil and butter and fry the sliced onions until they begin to brown. Add the marinated lamb and cook for a few more minutes.
- Pour the contents of the frying pan into the curry cooker along with the chillies, ground almonds, lemon juice, bay leaves and stock. Turn the curry cooker to high and cook for 1 hour.
- Stir the contents of the curry cooker and reduce the setting to low, continue to cook for 2-3 hours.
- Stir in the fresh chopped coriander leaves and serve garnished with the toasted sliced almonds.
All recipes | Curries | Mains