|Serves: 4 people||Recipe course:
Breads||Total time (min.): 80||Complexity (1 to 3): 1|
The mouthwatering one pot recipe with chicken, sausage, prawn and rice bringing together flavours from Cajun and Creole traditions.
Slow cooker or Cookeasy+
15ml olive oil
4 streaky smoked bacon rashers cut into 1cm pieces
1 large red onion cut into 8 (if onions are small use 2 )
1 clove garlic crushed
1 chopped and deseeded green chillis
1 x 400g can of chopped tomatoes in juice
600ml hot fish stock
300g easy cook rice
¼ tsp black pepper
225g raw white fish
115g cooked tiger prawns
100g fine green beans - chopped
2 fresh tomatoes cut into ¼
25g flat leaf parsley
- In a frying pan heat the oil and cook the bacon for a few minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic cook for a few minutes more.
- Switch the slow cooker on to high and add the contents of the pan along with the chopped chilli, oregano, stock and canned tomatoes.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for 40 minutes.
- Stir well. Add the white fish, green beans, prawns and ¼ tomatoes.
- Continue to cook for 30-35 minutes more until the white fish is cooked through.
- Serve garnished with pieces of flat leaf parsley.
More recipes | Main Course Recipes
Cambodian Amok Yellow Curry