New York Cheesecake with Blueberry and Blackberry Drizzle
|Serves: 6 people || Recipe course: Dessert ||Total time (min.): 2 hour 20|
This authentic creamy dessert will add a taste of New York to any dining table. Our American-style baked cheesecake recipe makes an easy family dessert.
- 75g (3 oz) unsalted butter
- 225g (8 oz) digestive biscuits, crushed
- 350g (12 oz) ricotta cheese
- 350g (12 oz) cream cheese
- 200ml (7 floz) crème fraîche
- 350g (12 oz) caster sugar
- 45ml (3 tbsp) vanilla extract
- grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 15ml (1tbsp) cornflour
- 100g (4 oz) blackberries
- 15-30ml (1- 2tbsp) clear honey
- 5ml (1tsp) Cointreau®
- 150g (5 oz) blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 140°C, 300°F, Gas Mark 2. Lightly grease a 20cm (8 in) round spring release cake tin. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and stir in the biscuits until well blended. Spoon into the base of the tin, pressing down well. Chill.
- Place the ricotta, cream cheese, crème fraîche and caster sugar in the bowl, fit the K-beater and beat on speed min for approx. 1 minute, until well blended. Add the vanilla extract, lemon rind and juice, eggs and cornflour and beat on speed min for 1 minute, then increase to speed 1 for 1 minute, until well blended. Pour into cake tin and bake for 2 hours. Turn off the heat and allow cheesecake to cool completely in the turned off oven. Chill overnight.
- Sieve the blackberries and stir in the honey, Cointreau® and blueberries.