Winter Vegetable Soup
A hearty soup to warm you up during the winter months.
- 1 small onion, peeled and halved lengthways
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 potatoes, peeled
- 175g (6oz) swede, peeled and diced
- 175g (6oz) turnip, peeled and diced
- 3 tomatoes, halved
- 15ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh parsley
- 900ml (1½ pints) vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Food processing attachment or high speed slicer shredder
- Fit the Food Processing Attachment or High Speed Slicer Shredder with the thick slicing plate and slice the onion, carrots and potatoes. Place in a saucepan with the swede, turnip, tomatoes, parsley and stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Fit the Sieve with the coarse screen, rough side uppermost and purée the vegetable soup. Return to the clean pan, reheat gently and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with chunks of fresh wholemeal bread, if wished.