|Serves: 6 people||Recipe course: Desserts||Total time (min.): 40||Complexity (1 to 3): 1|
Caster sugar 200 grams
Butter 200 grams
Milk 1 Tbsp
Plain flour 200 grams
Baking powder 2+1/2 tsp
Vanilla extract 1/4 tsp
Strawberry jam 200 grams
Icing sugar as needed
Prep. (Before you begin)
1. Cut the butter into cubes and leave at room temperature to soften.
2. Sift the plain flour.
1. Fit the K beater to the machine.
2. Pre heat the oven to 175ºC.
3. Line the round tins with parchment paper.
1. Add Ingredients 1 (sugar, butter) into the Mixer bowl.
2. Attach the Mixer bowl to the machine and fit the splash guard.
3. Mix on speed 3 for 30 seconds.
4. Mix on speed 6 for 1 minute.
1. Add Ingredients 2 (eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, vanilla) into the Mixer bowl.
2. Mix on speed 3 for 30 seconds.
3. Scrape down the bowl.
4. Mix on speed 6 for 10 seconds.
5. Divide the batter between the round tins and level.
6. Bake for 20 minutes at 175°C or until a skewer tests clean.
7. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
1. Transfer one cake half to the serving plate.
2. Spread the cake half with the first item of Ingredients 3 (strawberry jam).
3. Place the second cake half on top.
4. Dust with the last item of Ingredients 3 (icing sugar).
All recipes | Cake recipes | British recipes | Dessert recipes