Sweet Poached Nectarines & Blueberries with Basil Cream
|Serves: 4 people || Recipe course: Dessert ||Total time (min.): 40 plus chilling |
A perfect summer dessert.
- 4 ripe nectarines, halved and stoned
- 200ml (7floz) freshly brewed weak tea
- 50g (2oz) caster sugar
- 4 cardamom pods, halved
- 2.5ml (1/2tsp) ground cinnamon
- 100g (4oz) blueberries
- 100g (4oz) cream cheese, softened
- 10 basil leaves, shredded
- 142ml (5floz) double cream
- basil leaves, to decorate
- Place the nectarines, tea, half the sugar, cardamom pods and cinnamon in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Cover and poach for 8-10 minutes, until soft. Stir in the blueberries and allow to cool. Chill for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Place the cream cheese, remaining sugar and basil leaves in the bowl, fit the whisk and whisk on speed max for approx 1 minute, scraping, until well combined. Pour in the cream and whisk on speed max for approx. 30 seconds, until whipped.
- Serve the nectarines and blueberries with the basil cream and decorate with basil leaves.