|Serves: 16 people||Recipe course: Main dishes||Preparation time (min.): 60+||Cooking time (min.): 60+|
575g ‘00’ flour
400g warm water
2 tsp sugar
7g sachet fast-acting yeast
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp fine sea salt
2 x 125g mozzarella balls
80g Parma ham (optional)
175g roasted artichoke hearts (optional)
Olive oil to drizzle (optional)
Fresh basil to serve
500g plum tomatoes
5 stalks fresh oregano
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp flaky salt
1. Preheat the oven 170°C (150°C fan). Halve the tomatoes and lay out on a baking tray with the unpeeled garlic cloves. Drizzle with the olive and salt. Roast for 40 minutes.
2. Attach the Blender attachment to your Titanium Chef Patissier XL, add the roasted garlic, roasted tomatoes and oregano and blend.
3. In a jug mix the yeast and sugar and warm water, stir, leave for 5 minutes until bubbles start to form.
4. Fit the 7L bowl and dough hook to your Titanium Chef Patissier XL and weigh out the flour directly into the bowl using the EasyWeigh feature. Add the salt.
5. Add the yeast mixture into the bowl.
6. Select the ‘Dough kneading’ preset and press Start. Set the temperature to Off, speed to min, time to 1 minute, press Start. Set the temperature to Off, speed to 1, time to 4 minutes, press Start.
7. When the machine stops the dough should be homogenous and smooth.
8. Lift the dough out of the bowl and grease the bowl with a little oil - this will stop the dough from sticking while it proves.
9. Fit the splash guard.
10. Select the Set ‘Dough proving’ preset and press Start. Set the temperature to 2, speed to Off, time to 1 hour, press Start. Set the temperature to Off, speed to 1, time to 4 minutes, press Start.
11. The dough should now have doubled in size.
12. Preheat the oven to the highest setting, put a pizza stone or cast iron pan in the oven to preheat.
13. Turn out the dough into a floured work surface, knock it back and cut into 4. Roll out as thin as you can and top with the tomato sauce, mozzarella, a drizzle of oil and any other chosen toppings.
14. Carefully remove the pizza stone or pan and sprinkle a little flour over the surface. Transfer the pizza to it and quickly return to the oven. Cook for 10-14 minutes until the base is crisp and the cheese is bubbling. Sprinkle with some fresh basil and serve.
Makes 4 large pizzas.
More recipes | Party Food Recipes