Rib Eye Steak with smoked Aubergine Purée and Rocket
|Serves: 2 people || ||Total time (min.): 55 |
- 2 rib-eye steaks, about 200g each, allowed to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes
- 1 aubergine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 bunch of salad leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Kitchen Machine
- Blender Attachment
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C, and season the steaks.
- Place the aubergine and garlic onto a baking tray and cook in the oven for about 35 minutes or until it is soft.
- Attach the blender and add the olive oil, paprika, the cooked aubergine and a pinch of salt and pepper. Blend on a medium speed until you have a purée.
- Heat a flat pan until very hot and add the steaks. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium then allow to rest for a further 4 minutes.
- Serve with the aubergine purée and the salad leaves, dressed with a little oil and lemon juice.