Pork Stir Fry with Noodles
|Serves: 4 people || ||Total time (min.): 25 |
A quick and savoury dish featuring thinly sliced pork, vibrant vegetables, and stir-fried noodles, all coated in a delicious Asian-inspired seasoning.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small red chilli
- 15ml (1 tbsp) hoisin sauce
- 15ml (1 tbsp) tomato purée
- 15ml (1 tbsp) rice vinegar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
- 325g (12oz) pork tenderloin, cut into strips
- 1 orange pepper, halved and seeds removed
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 45ml (3 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 115g (4oz) small broccoli florets
- 140g (5oz) sugar snap peas, topped and tailed
- 1 pak choi, quartered
- 2 spring onions, cut into long thin strips
For the noodles:
- 250g (9oz) fresh egg noodles
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sesame oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh coriander
- Kitchen Machine
- Food processing attachment
- Place the garlic, chilli, hoisin sauce, tomato purée, vinegar and soy sauce in the Multi-Mill or Food Processing Attachment fitted with the knife blade and blend together.
- Place the meat in a non-metallic dish, add the marinade, toss together, cover and set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes or longer, if time allows.
- Using the Food Processing Attachment fitted with the thick slicing plate, slice the pepper. Cut the carrots into ribbons, using a potato peeler.
- Heat 30ml (2 tbsp) oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the pork strips and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add the remaining oil and stir-fry the broccoli for 1 minute. Add the carrots, sugar snap peas and sliced pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the noodles in a pan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes, or according to the pack instructions.
- Return the pork to the wok, add the pak choi and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the pork is cooked and the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Drain the egg noodles and toss with the sesame oil and chopped coriander. Transfer the stir-fry to a warmed serving dish, sprinkle over the shredded spring onions to garnish and serve with the noodles.