- Kitchen Machines: Stand mixers, or hand blenders
- Accessories and Attachments: Spiral dough tool
|Serves: 12 people||Recipe course: Breads||Total time (min.): 130||Complexity (1 to 3): 1|
Water 300 grams
Dried yeast 7 grams
Plain flour 500 grams
Salt 1+1/2 tsp
Nigella seeds 20 grams
Olive oil 2 tsp
Fit the Spiral dough tool to the machine.
1. Add Ingredients (water, yeast, flour, salt, nigella seeds, oil) into the Mixer bowl.
2. Attach the Mixer bowl to the machine and fit the splash guard.
3. Mix on speed 1 for 2 minutes.
4. Mix on speed 2 for 8 minutes.
5. Cover with a tea towel.
6. Leave to prove for about 1 hour, 30 minutes until doubled in size.
7. Transfer the dough from the Mixer bowl to a lightly floured worksurface.
8. Gently pull the edges into the centre and turn over so the seam is on the worksurface.
9. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces.
10. Roll each piece into a ball.
11. Cover with a tea towel.
12. Leave the dough to rest for 10 minutes.
13. Pre heat the oven to 220ºC.
14. Place the baking tray on the middle shelf to heat.
15. Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball into an oval shape about 3 mm thick.
16. Remove the hot baking tray from the oven and dust with plain flour.
17. Bake for 10 minutes at 220ºC.
18. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
All recipes | Bread recipes | Curry recipes | Lunch recipes