Mexican Mixed Pepper Tacos
|Serves: 2 people || ||Total time (min.): 20 |
- 1 red pepper, quartered
- 1 yellow pepper, quartered
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp mild chilli powder
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Romaine lettuce heart
- 50g Cheddar cheese
- 6 taco shells
- Coriander to garnish and guacamole to serve
- Food Processor
- Slicing Blade
- With the slicing blade and direct serve lid attached, slice the peppers and onion into a large bowl and mix together.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the vegetables with the paprika and chilli powder for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the kidney beans and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Still with the slicing blade attached, shred the lettuce. Change to the grating blade and grate the cheese.
- Sprinkle the lettuce in the base of the taco shells, top with the pepper mixture and sprinkle with cheese and coriander.
- Serve with guacamole.