Homemade Lemonade recipe
The original and best lemonade recipe by Kenwood, used in the 1950s and 1960s to sell the Kenwood Chef at shows all over the UK. Made by Nans and Mums everywhere! Did you know that in the past a raw egg would be added? This has been removed due to new food safety guidelines.
- 1 lemon, thin-skinned variety, washed
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sugar
- 6 large ice cubes
- 600ml (1 pint) water, chilled
- 1 whole egg, complete with shell, washed
- extra ice cubes and lemon slices, to serve
- Cut the lemon in half and place in the Liquidiser with the sugar, ice cubes, water and whole egg. Blend at maximum speed for 10-20 seconds.
- Strain through a sieve, into a jug, and serve with extra ice cubes and lemon slices, for decoration.
More like this
Drinks & smoothie recipes | All recipes | British recipes