Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake
|Serves: 4-6 || Course: Dessert ||Category: Cakes||Total time (min.): 1 hour 30 |
Cool down with this refreshing frozen dessert.
- 150g/ 5oz (175g/ 6oz) digestive biscuits, crushed
- 50g/ 2oz (75g/ 3oz) butter, melted
- 2 (3) egg yolks
- 50g/ 2oz (75g/ 3oz) caster sugar
- 200ml/ 7fl oz (280ml/ 10fl oz) milk
- 115g/ 4oz (150g/ 5oz) cream cheese
- 115g/ 4oz (150g/ 5oz) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 (1) egg white
- grated zest 1 orange
- 280g/ 10oz (450g/ 1lb) strawberries, halved
- 15g/ 1/2oz (20g/ 3/4oz) icing sugar
- Grease and base line an 18cm/ 7 inch (20cm/ 8 inch) loose based cake tin or deep flan ring placed on a small baking sheet. Mix the crushed biscuits and melted butter together and press over the base of the tin. Chill.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl. Heat the milk until almost boiling, then whisk into the egg mixture. Return to the pan and cook over a gentle heat, stirring continuously, until slightly thickened but do not boil. Cool.
- Mix the cheeses together; beat in the custard and chill. Break the egg white up with a fork and mix into the cheese custard. Fit the frozen bowl into the dessert maker and switch on. Pour in the custard and churn until it resembles freshly whipped cream. Fold in the orange zest and spread over the top of the biscuit base. Freeze until just firm.
- Make the strawberry sauce by pureeing 115g/4oz (175g/ 6oz) strawberries with the icing sugar. Sieve to remove the pips. Chill. To serve, remove cheesecake from the tin, top with the remaining strawberries and drizzle over the sauce.