For the pasta dough:
- 410g flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt
For the bolognaise sauce:
- 500g minced beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 475g tomato, diced with the juice
- ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
For the Béchamel sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 235ml milk
For the lasagne:
- 60g ricotta cheese
- 60g cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 60g cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- K beater
- Flat pasta maker
- Chef sense
For the dough
- Using the K-beater, mix all the dough ingredients together in the Kenwood bowl. Cover and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Lightly flour the surface using semolina and roll out the dough into a rectangle.
- Fit the flat pasta maker, shape one piece of dough into a long flat disc and feed through the rollers set on number 7. Sprinkle flour over the rollers as necessary.
- Pass through the roller several times, decreasing thickness by a degree or two each time, to have the required thickness of half a centimetre (keep dough and machine floured).
- Cut the rolled dough into equal rectangular sheets.
- Boil the pasta sheets in salted boiling water for a few minutes and drain on a clean kitchen cloth to dry.
- Brush with oil to avoid them sticking together.
For the Bolognese sauce
- Cook the minced beef in a pan over medium heat until brown and drain off any excess fat.
- Add the oil, onion, tomatoes, juice and the dried oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes to thicken.
For the Bechamel sauce
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat and stir in the flour for 3 minutes.
- Gradually add the milk and whisk until well combined and thickened then remove from heat.
- Stir in half the ricotta and some parmesan.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Spoon some of the bolognaise sauce into a baking dish and cover with a single layer of pasta sheets. Top with a layer of béchamel sauce.
- Repeat the layers - pasta, meat, béchamel, cheese until you use all the meat sauce. Add a final layer of pasta, the last of the béchamel and top with a layer of mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden and bubbly.