This attachment will fit the following machines:
The model number can be found on the underside of your machine - e.g. KM330, KMC501, KM010 etc.
- Remove the high speed outlet cover
- Fit the gearbox assembly onto the mixer Push the desired cutting plate onto the shaft. Each plate is numbered for identification and the number should be uppermost when the plate is pushed onto the shaft.
- Fit the sweeper onto the shaft with the flat surface of the sweeper against the plate. For best results when using the slicing/chipping plates, the sweeper arm should be positioned opposite the blade, as shown below.
- Attach the lid assembly to the body, Line up the symbol on the lid with on the body. Then turn to symbol to lock into place.
- Fit the assembled attachment onto the gearbox and turn to lock into position.
- If required fit the extension chute into the food outlet and push firmly into place. The extension chute MUST be fitted when the attachment is used with mixer KM070 but can also be used with all other mixers to direct the food into the collecting bowl.
- Connect the mixer to the power supply and place a bowl under the food outlet.
- Choose which feed tube you want to use. The pusher contains a smaller feed tube for processing individual items or thin ingredients.
- To use the small feed tube - first put the larger pusher inside the feed tube
- To use the larger feed tube - use both pushers together.
- Put the food inside the feed tube.
- Switch the mixer onto speed 3 and at the same time push down evenly with the pusher – never put your fingers in the feed tube.
- At the completion of the processing operation, raising and lowering the pusher several times may help to reduce the amount of food left on the cutting plate.
- Switch off and unplug.
The thick and thin slicer discs are ideal for cheese, potato, carrot, cabbage, courgette, beetroot, onion and apple. The thick and thin grating plates are ideal for cheese, carrot, potato and foods of a similar texture. The plates are reversible, each having a grating function on one side and a slicing function on the other.
There are four additional plates that can be bought separately if they are not included already. (Some models may vary). The extra-coarse grater coarsely grates cheese and carrot. The rasping plate grates parmesan cheese and potato for German potato dumplings, known as rösti. The thin chipper cuts potatoes for super-thin French fries, ingredients for salads, garnishes, casseroles and stir fries. The standard chipper cuts potatoes for thin French fries and ingredients for casseroles and dips.
The AT640 or AT647 Food Processor attachment will only fit the Titanium models, as these have an additional medium speed attachment point. Models include the KM001, KM002, KM010, KM020, KM030, KMC030, KMC015, KM023, KMC023, KM013, KMC013, KMC010 and KMM020.
If your model is not one of the Titanium range, it may be worth considering the AT340 Pro Slicer/ Grater attachment, which has seven discs included, for slicing, grating and julienne effects. The AT337, AT358, AT339 blender and AT320 mill jar set will carry out chopping functions and the AT950 mincer will mince meat and vegetables. These attachments, with the exception of the AT950, fit onto the high speed power outlet.
The AT950 uses the slow speed power outlet. The new KAH647 fits on the high speed attachment and this will fit all Chef models produced since 1976. This can be purchased by clicking here . (Stock permitting)