- 225ml (7½fl oz) cold water
- 75g (3oz) butter
- 115g (4oz) plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Food processing attachment
- Fit the Food Processing Attachment with the knife blade. Place the water and butter in a saucepan and heat gently until the butter melts, and then bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and tip in the flour. Beat with a wooden spoon until combined. Return to the heat and cook over a low heat for a few seconds until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan to form a ball. Do not over-beat.
- Transfer to the Food Processing Attachment. Turn on to minimum speed and gradually pour the eggs through the feed tube. Process until just mixed and the pastry forms a stiff, glossy paste. Do not overprocess or it will become too thin. Use as required.
Choux pastry can be used for both choux puffs, profiteroles, eclairs and gougère. For sweet pastry 5-10ml (1-2 tsp) of sugar may be added and grated cheese, herbs or paprika for savoury items.