Banoffee Ice Cream Pie
|Serves: 6 || Recipe course: Dessert ||Total time (min.): 2 hours 20 plus cooling and chilling|
Banoffee Ice Cream Pie is a sweet way to beat summer's heat! Layers and layers of milk caramel, whipped banana cream, nuts, and shaved chocolate.
- 400g (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 225g (8oz) digestive biscuits
- 115g (4oz) butter, melted
- 3 large bananas
- about 9 scoops Vanilla Creole ice cream, or ready-made vanilla ice cream
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- Place the unopened can of condensed milk in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 2 hours. Leave in the pan to cool.
- Fit the Colander and Sieve with the coarse screen, rough side uppermost and use to sieve the biscuits to make crumbs. Mix the crumbs and melted butter together and using a spoon press into the base and up the sides of a 20cm (8 inch) flan dish.
- Shake out any remaining crumbs from the screen and sieve one of the bananas into the Kenwood Bowl.
- Open the cooled can of milk, which will now have turned to soft toffee and empty into the Kenwood Bowl. Using the K Beater at minimum speed mix with the banana purée.
- Peel and slice the remaining bananas and lay over the biscuit base. Spread the banana toffee over the bananas and chill for up to 2 hours. Serve topped with ice cream scoops, dusted with cocoa powder.