|Serves: 18 people||Recipe course: Biscuits||Total time (min.): 143||Complexity (1 to 3): 1|
Plain flour 180 grams
Bicarbonate of soda 1/2 tsp
Unsalted butter 110 grams
Brown sugar 55 grams
Salt 1/8 tsp
Peanut butter 300 grams
Caster sugar 150 grams
Vanilla extract 1+1/8 tsp
Prep. (Before you begin)
Leave the butter at room temperature to soften.
Fit the K beater to the machine.
1. Add Ingredients 1 (plain flour, bicarbonate of soda) to the medium bowl.
2. Mix briefly until combined.
1. Add Ingredients 2 (butter, brown sugar, salt, peanut butter, caster sugar, egg, vanilla) into the Mixer bowl.
2. Attach the Mixer bowl to the machine and fit the splash guard.
3. Mix on speed 3 for 30 seconds or until combined.
4. Transfer the contents of the medium bowl to the Mixer bowl.
5. Mix on speed 3 for 20 seconds or until combined.
6. Divide the dough into halves.
7. Wrap in plastic wrap.
8. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
9. Pre heat the oven to 160°C.
10. Line the baking trays with parchment paper.
11. Roll the dough into balls.
12. Place the dough balls onto the lined baking trays.
13. Gently flatten the dough balls with a floured fork, creating a crosshatch pattern.
14. Bake for 13 minutes at 160ºC or until golden brown.
15. Leave to cool on a wire rack.