1 cup of boiling water
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of sultanas
2 cups of self-raising flour
Entered by Helen Aarab on 06/11/2013
No scales required - use a large cup/small mug.
- Add a cup of boiling water to the 2 tea bags in a bowl and stir.
- Add the cup of sugar and sultanas, stir and leave to cool.
- Once cool remove the tea bags and sift in the two cups of flour and add the egg.
- Mix. Pour the mix into a lined bread tin.
- Cook at 180°C for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer can be inserted and is clean on removal.
- Once cool slice and serve (butter optional). Keeps well for a week in a tin.