125 grams butter
2 Tablespoons golden syrup
1 cup brown sugar
1 tin sweetened condensed milk
150g white chocolate cooking chocolate
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup chopped dried apricots
½ cup almonds roughly chopped
¾ cup mini marshmallows
Entered by Alice Smillie on 2/12/2013
- Melt the butter over a low heat
- Add the condensed milk, golden syrup and sugar and continue to cook over a low heat until the sugar is all melted and bring to boiling point
- Make sure you keep stirring it constantly as it tends to stick
- Turn up to a medium heat and continue to simmer for 8-10 minutes until the mixture has slightly darkened in colour, Keep stirring the whole time.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the white chocolate until it melts, next add the fruit and nuts
- Give the mixture a good beat for about 30 seconds in a mixer, just long enough for the mixture to cool slightly. Don’t mix it too much or it will start to set.
- Next add the marshmallows and give a quick fold through – if the mixture is too hot or you over mix they will melt and disappear!
- Pop it in a greased and lined dish and set in the fridge for a good 2-3 hours