Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Tools: Processing blade, stirring paddle
1. Attach the processing blade to the bowl. Peel the onion and garlic and chop into chunks along with the leeks and celery. Add to the bowl and fit the lid. Press and hold down the chop button for 15 seconds.
2. Remove the lid and replace the processing blade with the stirring paddle.
3. Press the 'Soup/Sauce' button
4. Remove the lid and add the oil to the bowl, scrape down the sides using the spatula and fit the lid. Press the start/pause button to start cooking. Time: 10 minutes.
5. Once this stage has finished it will automatically switch into the keep warm cycle for 30 minutes. To stop the keep warm cycle press the start/pause button and the unit will pause. Peel the potatoes and cut into 2cm cubes then add them to the bowl with the water, stock cube, thyme and seasoning. Fit the lid and press the start/pause button to continue cooking. Time: 15 minutes.
6. Once the machine has finished it will automatically switch into the “keep warm cycle”, this time press the cancel button to stop cooking.
7. To blend to a smoother consistency press and hold the chop button for 2 to 3 seconds, once you take your finger off the button it will maintain the speed for 2 minutes then automatically stop. To prevent the hot liquid splashing the chop function speed will increase gradually.
8. Season if necessary and pour into serving bowls. Finish with a generous dollop of crème fraiche.