|Serves: 6 people||Recipe course: Desserts||Preparation time (min.): 5||Cooking time (min.): 15|
90g dried fruits (such as cranberries, cherries, apricots)
175g butter or Vegan butter, softened
225g plain or gluten-free flour
85g brown sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1-2 Tbsp rum (optional)
1. Fit the food processor bowl with the knife blade. Add the pistachios and the dried fruits, then pulse to roughly chop.
2. Empty into a separate bowl, then add the butter, flour, sugar, vanilla extract and rum.
3. Process on speed 1 to bring together. Once a dough has nearly formed, add the chopped fruit and nuts continue to process on speed 1 to form a dough.
4. Transfer into a large bowl and knead to fully incorporate.
5. Shape the dough into a log about 6cm across. Wrap and chill in the fridge for 1 hour, the cookie dough can be frozen for up to 3 months.
6. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
7. For the cookie edge, add the pistachios to the mill attachment and fit onto the food processor base, then pulse to roughly chop.
8. Empty the nuts onto a lined baking tray, then gently roll the chilled cookie dough to cover the edge. Slice the log into 1cm thick rounds.
9. Place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
10. Bake for 12-15 mins until golden. Cool completely on the tray before serving.