|Serves: 4 people||Recipe course: Breads||Preparation time (min.): 105||Cooking time (min.): 35|
For the Naans:
100g natural yoghurt
7g fast action dried yeast
500g strong white bread flour
1½ tsp fine salt
1 garlic clove
½ tsp ground coriander
2 garlic cloves
15g fresh coriander
A pinch salt and pepper, to season
For the Chicken Bhuna:
2 tbsp oil
1sp cumin seeds
1 tsp black onion seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
700g boneless chicken thigh (must be thigh not breast)
20g root ginger
1 red chilli
2 tbsp tomato paste
200g cherry or baby plum tomatoes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp curry marsala
1 tsp garam marsala
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp paprika
2 bay leaves
15g fresh coriander
100g baby leaf spinach
1. To begin, fit the mixing bowl and dough tool to your Cooking Chef XL and add the water, yoghurt and yeast.
2. Select temp 30, speed min and mix for 1 minute, then leave to stand at temp 30 for 5 minutes
3. Next add the flour, salt and ground coriander) to the bowl, fit the splash guard and select the dough kneading preset.
4. Once kneaded, remove the dough, lightly oil the bowl and place the dough back inside, Attach the splash guard and select the dough proving preset.
5. When finished proving, transfer the dough to a lightly floured work-surface and flatten the dough carefully with your wrist.
6. Pull the edges into the centre, turn the dough over and cut into 4 pieces.
7. Using a rolling pin, roll each out into an oval until they no longer spring back – about 30cm in length
8. Next, transfer the naans to greased baking trays, cover with oiled cling film and allow to prove for 30 minutes until puffy. Preheat your oven to 230°C.
9. Fit the clean bowl and attach the creaming beater. Add the butter, garlic cloves, fresh coriander and seasoning.
10. Set the speed 60 and stir speed 1 for 1 min
11. Whilst the naans are proving, make the Chicken Bhuna.
12. Finely dice the onion and slice the tomatoes in two. Grate the ginger and garlic.
13. Cut the chicken thigh into 2 cm cubes.
14. Destalk and finely chop the mint, coriander, before roughly chopping the spinach
15. Next, fit the mixer bowl to your Cooking Chef XL and attach the stir tool and stir assist clip. Add the oil, fit the splash guard and set the temperature to 140 ºC, stir speed 1, time to 2 minutes.
16. Add the cumin seeds, coriander seeds and black onion seeds, stir speed 1 and cook for 4 minutes.
17. Next add the chicken thigh, stir speed 1and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 120 ºC and add the onions, garlic, root ginger, red chilli, tomato paste and tomatoes.
18. Cook for 5 minutes, temp 120 ºC, stir speed 1
19. Then add the salt and spices and cook for 10 minutes, temp 110 ºC, stir speed 2.
20. At this point, remove the cling film from the naans and brush them with the melted garlic and herb butter. Put them into the oven and bake for 6-10 minutes until they start to bubble and look golden brown.
21. Next, check on the bhuna. Stop the machine, lift the head and check the chicken– continue to cook at temp 110 ºC until chicken is cooked through.
22. Finally, add the mint, coriander and baby leaf spinach and stir on speed intermittent 1 for 30 seconds.
23. If your bhuna is read before your naans set the machine to 63 ºC, stir speed 1 to keep warm.
24. Remove the naan from the oven – allow to cool slightly.
25. Serve with basmati rice and a sprinkling of fresh coriander.