|Serves: 10 people||Recipe course: Desserts||Preparation time (min.): 100||Cooking time (min.): 20+|
200g caster sugar
100g golden syrup
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
70g pistachios, shelled
125g butter (cold, cubed)
250g plain flour (T55)
1 egg yolk
50 ml ice cold water
300g dark chocolate chunks
2 tbsp honey
300g double cream
1. Attach the food processor attachment of your Cooking Chef XL and fit the knife blade. Add all of the pistachios in to the bowl and pulse until they are chopped.
2. Remove the food processor attachment and lift head of your Cooking Chef XL. Fit the heat guard, the whisk tool and stir the stir tool to the machine.
3. To make the honeycomb add the caster sugar and golden syrup to your mixer bowl. Set the temperature to 180ºC, on speed min, for 5 minutes.
4. When the time us up, turn off heat and the bicarbonate of soda and 50g of the chopped pistachios into the bowl. Mix for 20 seconds on stir speed 1
5. Quickly but carefully tip the contents into a lined high-sided baking tray or loaf tin with baking parchment and use an oiled heat resistant spatula to scrape out the bowl. Leave to set and harden.
6. To your Cooking Chef XL, fit the cleaned mixer bowl and attach the k-beater.
7. Next add the flour, salt and butter, fit the splash guard, and set speed to 1, time to 1 minutes. Increase speed to 2 time to 1 minute. At this point, the mixture should resemble breadcrumbs
8. Add in the egg yolk and cold water and mix on speed 1 for 1 minute until a ball of pastry is formed. Remove from the bowl and flatten into a round disk, wrap in cling film and then place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
9. Pre-heat your oven to 180 ºC and then lightly grease and dust your tart tin with flour. • Roll out pastry to 1mm thick and line the tart case, pricking the base with a fork. Place in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
10. Once chilled, line with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes before removing the paper and beans, then return to the oven to bake for 5- 8 minutes to dry out the base.
11. Next clean your mixer bowl and fit the fit the creaming beater. Add the chocolate chunks, honey and double cream to the bowl and set the temperature to 60ºC, speed to min, time to 4 minutes (Choc Melting preset)
12. Lightly beat the eggs in a jug
13. Once the chocolate is melted, turn the temperature to 0 and with the machine still running pour in the whisked egg a little at a time until fully incorporated.
14. Reduce oven temp to 120 ºC and place the tart case onto a baking tray. Pour the chocolate filling into the case and transfer to the oven
15. Bake for 20 minutes until the mixture is just setting, then leave the tart to cool.
16. To serve, break the honeycomb into shards and use to decorate the tart, leaving some larger pieces. Add the remaining 20g of pistachios and scatter on top of the honeycomb to finish.