Instant Spring Vegetable Soup
|Serves: 4 people || Recipe course: Starter ||Total time (min.): 10 |
A light soup packed full with spring vegetables.
- 225g (8oz) cooked potatoes
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 stick celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 600ml (1 pint) boiling hot vegetable, beef or chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- crusty bread, to serve
- Place the cooked potatoes, carrot, leek, celery and tomato in the Liquidiser. Leave the stock to cool for 2 minutes then pour into the Liquidiser to cover the vegetables.
- Blend at minimum speed for 2-3 minutes, until smooth, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately with chunks of crusty bread, for a quick snack.
Cook's Note: Take great care when liquidising the soup, as it is very hot. Make sure the lid and filler cap are securely fitted.