|Serves: Up to 6 people||Recipe course: Breads||Total time (min.): 55|
100g feta. crumbled
30 g parmesan, grated
15 g fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
15 g chives, finely chopped
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp ground black pepper
500g strong, white bread flour (plus extra for dusting)
7g fast action dried yeast
1 tsp caster sugar
2 tsp salt
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
70g sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 egg, beaten
1. To prepare, grease a round baking tin, 23cm (9”), and line with parchment paper.
2. Lift the Chef Patissier XL head and fit the head shield.
3. Secure the K-beater to the machine and attach the 5L Mixer bowl to the machine.
4. Add the feta, parmesan, herbs, oil and pepper into the bowl. Mix for about 30 seconds, starting on speed 1 and gradually increasing to 3, until the ingredients are combined.
5. Remove the bowl and the K-beater from the machine. Then, cover and leave to chill in the refrigerator.
6. Attach the Easy Warm bowl to the machine and fit the dough tool.
7. Add the flour, yeast, caster sugar, salt, oil and water to the bowl, then select the ‘dough kneading’ pre-set. Once completed, the dough should be smooth and elastic.
8. Fit the splash guard in place and select the ‘dough proving’ pre-set.
9. Once proved, transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface.
10. Stretch the dough out and press gently to remove the air bubbles.
11. Roll the dough out to a rectangle, approx. 25x35 cm in size.
12. Remove the cheese and herbs mixture from the fridge.
13. Scatter the mixture over the dough and then add the sun-dried tomatoes on top.
14. Roll up the dough, starting from the longer side, to make a log shape.
15. Cut the log into 7 even slices, approx. 5 cm wide each. Then place the rolls in the baking tin, arrange six of the rolls around the edge and place the last roll in the centre.
16. Cover the dough with a clean tea towel and leave to prove for about 30-40 minutes.
17. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
18. Brush the top of each dough piece with the beaten egg.
19. Bake for roughly 45 minutes at 180ºC until golden and risen (cover the bread with foil if it starts to brown too quickly).
20. Once baked, remove the tin from the oven.
21. Leave for 5-10 minutes to cool slightly.
22. Serve warm.