This dish is great as a quick wholesome and warming meal on a winter evening. The vegetable combinations given in this recipe are just a guide as you cansubstitute them with any combination you prefer.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- Attach the thick slicing disc to the food processor.
- Slice the garlic, onion and red pepper.
- Add some water to the curry powder to make a paste.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and spices, cook until the vegetables are cooked.
- Then add the tinned tomatoes, cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Attach the knife blade to the food processor.
- Place the contents into the food processor and process until the sauce is smooth.
- Place the chicken breasts into an oven proof casserole dish.
- Slice the green pepper and add to the dish.
- Cut the fresh tomatoes into quarters lengthwise and add them to the dish.
- Pour the sauce over the top.
- Cover the dish with tin foil or a tightly fitting lid.
- Place into an oven set at 180ºC for 30 to 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Chop the coriander in the food processor, sprinkle on top, and serve with rice.
Chef’s tip: Wash the bowl and knife blade in hot soapy water after making the sauce.