Warm and homely, you will adore this Greek styled braised lamb recipe. It will really show what your CookEasy+ is capable of, and is a great introduction to your new MultiCooker.
- Lamb shoulder 500 g
- Plain flour 3 tbsp
- Ground coriander 2 tsp
- Black pepper 0.25 tsp
- Chilli flakes 0.5 tsp
- Nutmeg 1 tsp
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Leek 200 g
- Celery stalk 90 g
- Carrot 200 g
- Anchovies 4
- Tomato purée 2 tbsp
- Garlic clove 4
- Cinnamon stick 1
- Hot vegetable stock 450 ml
- Fresh thyme 2 sprigs
- Lemon juice 3 tbsp
- Tinned chickpeas 250 g
- Seasoning, to taste
Before you begin
- Assemble the Direct Prep attachment with the slicing disc, then attach to the CookEasy+ and turn it to position 2.
- Cut the lamb into 2cm cubes.
- Trim and rinse the leek and celery.
- Peel and trim the carrots.
- Peel, destem and crush the garlic.
- Destalk the thyme.
- Fit the Stir Tool to the CookEasy+ Bowl.
- Fit the CookEasy+ Bowl to the machine.
Ready to Cook
- Add Ingredients 1 (lamb, flour, spices) into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until coated.
- Add Ingredients 2 (oil) into the bowl.
- Attach the lid and ensure the Filler Cap is NOT in place.
- Set the Temperature to 140 ºC, the speed to 3 and press the CONTROL Dial.
- Wait 30 seconds for the bowl to heat up.
- Transfer the lamb into the bowl.
- Cook for 2 minutes, speed 4 at 180 ºC.
- Cook for 3 minutes, speed 3 at 140 ºC.
- Turn the Direct Prep attachment to position 1.
- Slice the first 3 of Ingredients 3 (leek, celery, carrot) into the bowl.
- Once you have finished move the Direct Prep attachment back to position 2.
- Add the rest of Ingredients 3 (anchovies, purée, garlic, cinnamon stick) into the bowl.
- Cook for 10 minutes, speed 1 at 140 ºC.
- Add Ingredients 4 (stock, thyme, lemon juice, chickpeas, seasoning) into the bowl.
- Cook for 2 hours, speed 1 at 98 ºC.
- Season to taste.