1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
1 red pepper (cut into small chunks)
1 yellow pepper (cut into small chunks)
1 courgette (cut into chunks)
20 cherry tomatoes (halved)
4 large closed cap mushrooms (cut into chunks)
4 vegetarian Lincolnshire sausages (sliced)
500g Charlotte new potatoes (sliced)
50g Cheshire cheese (grated)
3 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp mixed dried herbs salt black pepper
Entered by Liz Denial on 06/11/2013
This is a favourite with my friends & family, even the meat eaters among them. As a vegetarian myself I don’t like to use meat in my cooking at all so this is a great option to please all & is healthy & nutritious & quick to make.
- Heat oven to 220°C, Gas Mark 7.
- Heat oil in frying pan & add onion & garlic. Fry until soft.
- Add peppers, courgette, mushrooms, tomatoes & sausage & fry for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile place sliced potatoes in boiling water, cover & simmer for 10 minutes, drain & set aside.
- Stir in tomato puree, herbs, salt & black pepper to sausage & vegetable mix & simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer veg mix to ovenproof dish, top with potatoes, sprinkle over grated cheese & cook for 15 mins.