185g Dark chocolate
85g Plain flour
40g Cocoa powder
275g Castor sugar
Entered by Hazel Stanley on 19/11/2013
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C. Line one 7x7 inch tin with parchment.
- Melt the butter & chocolate together.
- Whisk the eggs & sugar together until pale & thick (you have to do this for longer than you think so its really light).
- Mix the flour & cocoa together in a separate bowl. Mix in the chocolate/butter.
- Fold in the egg/sugar mixture. Pop it into the tin.
- Bake for 40-45 mins until it is coming away from the sides of the tin & the centre no longer wobbles when shaken.
- Cool in tin on wire rack (its much easier to cut when cooled). Can be cut into 20 pieces.