s/r flour butter caster sugar - all equal quantities -
250g will make 24-30 depending on case size then
1 egg for each 50g of the rest. optional
a few drops of vanilla extract buttercream
500g icing sugar
few drops of vanilla extract
a few splashes of milk or add cocoa for chocolate, strawberry jam for strawberry etc
Entered by Caroline Kelly on 09/01/2013
A family fave that you can bake with the kiddies.
- Blend all the ingredients for the base and add to cupcake cases
- Bake for approx 20 mins in a preheated oven at gas 3-4 depending on oven strength.
- Whilst cooking mix the buttercream ingredients together.
- Once cakes have cooked and cooled, cut out a circle from each cake and fill with icing, then cut the circle in two and arrange as butterfly wings.
- Top with sprinkles if desired.