To make about 24 biscuits
100g soft butter
100g icing sugar, plus a little extra for dusting
90g plain flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Entered by Anna May on 10/12/2013
This is a recipe that I am handing down rather than one being passed to me. I regularly make these for my children and their friends and now, they are able to make them too. Sometimes we add cocoa to make chocolate ones or we might sandwich them together with a ganache. Usually though, we eat them like this, delicious sweet little vanilla treats. I hope my children pass them on to their children too.
- Preheat the oven to 180 and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter the sugar together then add the flours and the vanilla.
- If it is very soft put in the fridge for 10 minutes otherwise, roll teaspoons of the mixture into little balls, put onto the baking sheet and flatten gently with a fork (dip the fork into flour to stop it sticking).
- Bake for 20 minutes by which time they should be light golden on top and cooked on the bottom.
- Cool on a rack and then dust with icing sugar if you want.